Privacy Information for Patients
Our practice follows the rules set out below whenever we collect, use, store or disclose information about your health.
All staff have signed confidentiality declarations and we are required by law to abide by the Health and Information Privacy Code and the Privacy Act.
Collecting your health information.
- When we collect health information from you we will only collect the information for the purpose of treating you and related administrative purposes.
- Collect the information directly from you, unless you have authorised us to collect the information from someone else (or we have some other lawful reason for collecting the information from someone else) We will tell you why we are collecting the information and what we will do with it.
- It is the practice of the Centre to ask patients when they call for an appointment the general nature of the reason for their visit. This ensures that we schedule you correctly and can make sure you have the appropriate time available with the correct medical professional. If you do not wish to tell us when scheduling your appointment, please just tell us it's personal.
- Using your health information: We will not use your health information for any purpose other than for the purpose of treating you unless we get your consent or we will use your information in a way that does not identify you (or where we have some other lawful reason for doing so).
Storing your health information.
- We will store your health information securely so that only authorised people can access or use your information.
Disclosing your health information.
- We will not disclose your health information to anyone without your consent unless we have a lawful reason for doing so.
Access and correction of your health information.
- You can ask us to confirm whether we hold information about you. If we hold information about you, you have the right to access the information.
- You can ask us to correct any information that we hold about you if you think that the information is inaccurate. If we refuse to correct your information, you can ask us to put a note on your information that state you have asked for the correction to be made.
- If you have any concerns about any matter relating to your health information, please ask to speak to our privacy officer, our Practice Manager, Joan Anderson.